RECOMMENDED USE: Patients at extreme risk of a serious injury from a fall, or unassisted bed exit.
- Does not include hospital bed. IV Post Mount Brackets firmly attach the canopy to compatible hospital bed frames.**
- Enclosed Patented Mattress Compartment helps reduce the risk of patient entrapment and is expandable to accommodate 10-inch (25.4 cm) air mattress types.
- Water-repellent, skin friendly, and durable nylon canopy.
- Foam padded A-Frame holds the nylon canopy in place.
- Four access panels for patient care from all four sides.
- Quick-Release Buckles lock the zipper pull-tabs for added patient security.
- Ten Access Ports: eight tube ports and two drainage ports.
The Posey Bed 8060 is an A-frame canopy system. When attached to a compatible hospital bed (not included), the 8060 is designed to help provide a safe, controlled environment for patients at extreme risk of injury from a fall or unassisted bed exit. Because the bed is a restraint, its use must be prescribed by a licensed doctor. Anyone interacting with the bed must complete the Posey Bed 8060 In-Service Training Program, which includes the ability to use the manual. The Posey Bed 8060 was designed to: 1. Create a controlled patient environment 2. Reduce the risk of unassisted bed exit 3. Reduce the risk of patient falls 4. Avoid the risk of a patient being trapped under a mattress 5. Eliminate the need for side rails when the patient is alone, which mitigates the risk of the patient becoming trapped in the side rails, or between the mattress and side rails Improper use of the Posey Bed 8060 may lead to serious injury or death. Patient monitoring should be determined by hospital protocol, a doctor, and the patient care plan. As with any less restrictive restraint system, it is important to understand when the Posey Bed 8060 is needed, when it should not be used, and the dangers related to entrapment, suffocation, choking and falls.